Re: Hi torque starters

To: jello@ida.net
Subject: Re: Hi torque starters
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 10:03:51 -0400
Phil,
  I have no experience to offer, only another question:   why? why change
the type of starter?
  If the original TD starter ( 53 years old ) and the original MGB
starter ( 34 years old ) on my cars have worked well and provided years
of faithful service, what is the gain from the high-torque starter?   A
'75  that I owned had plenty of torque to spin the engine when I was
using the car as daily driver in Maine, where it started OK at 20 below.
Bob