Re: [MG-MGB] New wheels arrived!

To: MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [MG-MGB] New wheels arrived!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
rampantNM@aol.com wrote:        I'm pumped!

  I guess this is a progress report on the BGT.

  A friend with a body shop in Indiana shipped me a wrecked B he had  sitting
out  behind his shop...we pulled the engine and it  runs! no smoke!  So  we are
pulling all the stuff off it,  cleaning and painting it.  It was  already
de-smogged, but  has the zenith carb, so we are overhauling my SUs and
putting  them on.

  The friend would not give me a price for the car, so I sent him a check  for
$1000.  Does that sound reasonable?  He's had it  sitting for a couple  of
years because he couldn't get a title for  it.  He bought it a couple  of
years ago, painted it,  sold it, the buyer wrecked it, then gave it back  and
insisted on  a re-fund.  The original seller could not produce a title   and my
friend was stuck...no sale, made a refund, and now had a wrecked  B.

  I orderd Minilites from an ebay store and they came in today, so at  lunch I
will be shopping for tires.  I bought 15 x  5.5's.  I think they look  great.
Smooth finish, that I  expect is powder coating, or paint with a  clear coat.
No  name or anything cast into the rim as I have seen with  other  wheels of
this style. Came with caps, two sets actually to fit two  kinds  of MGs, lugs,
and MG centers...all for $608!  I think  it's a screaming  deal.

  Anyway, in a few weeks I will have an extra B and assorted parts  to  sell.
Actually, with a new front Rubber bumper, a right  front fender, a  bonnet and
a windshield, the parts B would be a  pretty nice car to  restore.  No obvious
rust.
   ----------------------------------

I think $1000 for a car for which your friend expected to get *zero* is an
excellent deal.

  BTW, I see it's a '74.5 GT, I think rubber-bumper GT's are very cool for some
reason, maybe because of scarcity 'over here'....

  And regarding giving a refund for a car that the new owner wrecked..... Um,
does your friend have any other cars for sale??

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328