MGTF Master cylinder fill level

To: "'Paul Hunt'" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: MGTF Master cylinder fill level
From: "Charley Robinson" <charleyrob@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:42:47 -0400
I'm going over my 1954 TF in preparation for the trip to Gatlinburg. The
fluid level in the master cylinder appeared low so I checked the workshop
manual for fill level and it says that you should not fill it more than to
within 1/2" of the bottom of the filler neck. The manual suggests that
overfilling will result in brake fluid leakage which I seem to be having.
When I pulled the filler plug, I found instructions on top of the plug that
say you should fill to the bottom of the filler neck. Any suggestions on
which is correct?

Thanks,
Charley Robinson