Re: Radiator cap

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Radiator cap
From: "RD Williford" <williford@verizonmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:46:48 -0500
Thanks Bob-

Backed off to the 10lb cap and drove 120 miles round trip today. Had no trouble
from the cooling system.

Morning trip was fine - cool temps, pleasant ride, gauge stayed slightly below
"N." Afternoon trip was warm... not as pleasant and needle read at top of "N."
But no overheating...

I lost the coolant I added to top-off -- looks to be right where you indicate
is normal. Also picked up an aftermarket overflow tank today to avoid spraying
coolant all over the engine (and highway).

Only downside to the commute is sustained driving at 4000-4500 RPMs to keep up
with traffic on the interstate. May need to invest in an overdrive
transmission....

-Dan
71 BGT