Late B fan thermostat and temp

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Late B fan thermostat and temp
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:47:50 -0400
All,

After years of having the electric fans run almost
continuously in my 80 B, I replaced the fan thermostat with
a Moss unit.   Now the fan comes on and off in what appears
to be a normal manner.

  Here is the rub.  When the fans ran continuously, the
temperature gauge showed about 1 needle width towards the
cool side (C) and never made it past the mid point even hot
weather.  In fact there were cool days that it only made it
about 1/3 of the way over.

   Now with the new fan thermostat, the gauge is showing
straight up between C & H, and is actually now 1 needle
width towards the H.  This was on a relatively cool night
(70s) This concerns me as I am not used to seeing it there.

   Is this now  normal or do I have air trapped in the
cooling system ?  Am I finally seeing the correct
temperature ?   Late B owners, can you comment ?

Thanks,

    Gene

80 B

http://www.nni.com/