Re: front license plate

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: front license plate
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:51:46 -0600 (MDT)
Another thing people have done is get a bypass blanking thermostat (I've
done that).  They are expensive at about $35 (from moss) when a run of the
mill thermostat is less then $5.  What it does for you is this - when the
thermostat opens, a sleeve closes off the bypass that keeps coolant flow
during warm-up.  That way all flow is diverted to the radiator for
cooling, none through the bypass.  I think they're only available as 1600F
units.  This does help if your cooling is marginal - if you have real
cooling problems, you will still have problems.

Phil Bates
'67 MGB
'58 MGA
misc others