polyurethane bushings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: polyurethane bushings
From: CraigsInOK@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 11:15:57 EDT
Greetings,

My kingpin bushings are bad and need to be replaced.  My mechanic is
recommending that I use either V8 bushings or polyurethane bushings.  I've
read a
lot about the using the V8 bushings but haven't noticed much mention  about the
polyurethane ones.

I have a 1977 MGB that is used for fun.  It is used to drive on  interstate
highways at 75 mph and back roads at 50 mph and I'd like the  suspension to be
crisp but not make the ride so hard that it isn't  enjoyable.  My car isn't as
it originally came from the factory, but I also  don't want to take it so far
from there that it couldn't be returned.

Anyone out there that has used both or that could give me some advice would
be greatly appreciated.

Craig
1977 MGB