Re: General question

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: General question
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:45:06 +0200
Try to get one of the Audi TDI diesel engines of the Le Mans winning diesel
cars!
I now drive my 8th diesel powered car and still love the torque power and
reliability. Last but not least is the great economy of these engines and
the long life of these.

I have driven:
1978 VW Golf 1.5 D - launched me thrice even when the engine was switched
off
19080 VW Passat 1.5 D - great car  - never failed
1986 Citrokn BX 1.9 - COMFORT
1994 Rover Estate 2.0 Direct diesel injection - hell of a noise
1998 Peugeot 1.9 diesel - very comfy long distance runner
2002 VW Sharan 1.9 TDI automatic - MPV with economy - lazy!
2000 Audi A6 1.9 TDI automatic - great car - never has let me down and it
had ran 340,000 kilometers when parting
2006 VW Passat 19 TDI Comfortline wagon - great comfort lots of room (will
drive to Munich tomorrow ....)
  this one is the economics winner - runs 18.5 kilometers per liter diesel
fuel = more than 11 miles per liter fuel!

Cheers,

Hans