RE: MGC

To: "MICHAEL JONES" <jonesmp@prodigy.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGC
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:13:34 -0700
Michael:

The MGC rear wire wheel hub is held onto the axle in the same way the
regular MGB one is, by a big nut inside the splined extention.

The hubs are interchangeable, so yes you can remove the wire wheel hub
from the axle and install a steel wheel hub.

As Paul noted in his message, the steel wheel MGC had 5 lugs, so the
rear drums which are unique to the C are drilled for the 5 lug pattern
instead of the 4 lugs of the regular MGB.

Keep in mind that a lot of the MGC is unique, especially the front
suspension and brakes. For your first MG, you picked a good one, but
it's one that not too many people are going to be familiar with.

Kelvin Dodd
1969 MGC GT