Re: Distributor/Ignition Question

To: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>,
Subject: Re: Distributor/Ignition Question
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:39:26 +0100
No I don't, and obviously the electronic system will keep *its* curve
indefinitely (or until the electronics fail).  My point was that the
*original* curves are pretty irrelevant unless one is running on the
original fuels they were designed for, and even then the North American
curves are more aimed at meeting emissions levels than performance.  Define
a 'good curve'.

The 123 is fine (at a cost) for someone who wants the original curves, not
for someone who wants the best curve for their engine today.  If you aren't
going to spend the time and money determining the best curve for your engine
with today's fuels, and tweak springs and weights to match, you might just
as well stick with a mechanically good distributor with the original curve
from springs and weights (which *are* available) and save both time and
money.

PaulH.