Re: Distributor/Ignition Question

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor/Ignition Question
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:56:24 -0500
It would be keen if someone developed an electronic distributor with an
'optimized' curve. I'm sure the original curves were compromises. There's
only so much you can do with springs and diaphragms. But in the mean time,
I'm happy with my Pertronix that at least keeps the old curve from slipping
around.
(And eliminates the condenser, and dwell.)

BTW: Had an interesting ignition problem recently. The wire that keeps the
rotating Points/Pertronix plate grounded in the distributor became
intermittent. (After only 150K miles, imagine that.) The engine would randomly
die, but
always started right up again. Drove my crazy tracking that down. Also made
me buy a new Pertronix that I didn't need.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639
               71 MGB - #GHN5UB254361