Re: Re; Shackles

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re; Shackles
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:31:34 EDT
In a message dated 8/25/2006 2:42:38 AM Mountain Standard Time,
paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk writes:

I  lengthened my rear shackles by 1.25" to give about 1" extra ride height
as
grounding and hitting the bump stops was a real pain when touring  two-up
fully loaded.  I considered the extra leverage, but so far no  problems.  See
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_suspensionframe.htm  click on 'Ride Height'
and scroll  down

PaulH.

I used an extra spring leaf, bought at Pep Boys for adding to vehicles
pulling trailers, on my Midget, to raise the driver's side about 3/4 inch.
It
clamps on the bottom of the spring and is easily removeable later.

Only takes a few minutes to install too.

The Midgets tend to take a set after a few years of heavy drivers...

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields