Re: I need to use/borrow a good bore guage]

To: Larry Colen <lrc@red4est.com>
Subject: Re: I need to use/borrow a good bore guage]
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:14:17 -0400
I'll weigh in on the question of clearance.  I think "tolerance" is the
wrong word here.

The shop that did the bearing work on my 5.0L ford engine for my Cobra
replica selected bearings individually for each journal to give me
greater clearance than the middle or low end of the tolerance range, his
premise being that an engine being pushed harder develops more heat and
should have proportionally greater clearance at cold.  He builds lots of
race engines.