Re: I need to use/borrow a good bore guage]

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Subject: Re: I need to use/borrow a good bore guage]
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 06:33:39 -0500
   As I recall, a bit looser was better because you got more oil flow,
which helped carry away the heat.  Also we were running harder bearings
that didn't allow particles to embed in them like babbit does.  So
larger clearances let larger particles flow through the bearing.

   I read that stuff a long time ago.  Practices may have changed.

   CR