RE: What kind of top do you recommend?

To: "David Breneman" <david_breneman@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What kind of top do you recommend?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:54:40 -0700
The one on my 1970 MGB was a new type of material that didn't really
work very well, so was not adopted.

Someone called in a complaint that the Robbins TR7 top was made
incorrectly, so Robbins paid to have one installed on my TR8 to make
sure that the pattern was correct. That was a bit of a pain, as the car
was not running at the time and I had to load it on and off my traier,
but the top fit correctly and now looks great.

A friend of mine supplied an MGB when Robbins went from Stay-Fast to
Sun-Fast cloth. From what I remember they had to make 4 or 5 different
tops before getting the pattern just right with the new material.

Kelvin.