Re: Gauges not working

To: mmgro@renc.igs.net
Subject: Re: Gauges not working
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:16:13 -0400
Marc,
   When both these gauges are dead, and you know all electrical
connections from fuse block onward are good,  suspect the line voltage
stabiliser. It's the little metal can, about 1.5 x .5 inches in size
that's screwed to the firewall above your left knee.  Its purpose is to
regulate voltage to these gauges at an average 10volts.
   If the thing is working properly, testing the voltage on its
light-green/greeen wire should show  off/on/off/on as it cycles from car
voltage to 0, working to get an average 10v to the gauges.
   What ballast resistor did you replace?
Bob