Re: Odometer and charcoal canister

To: sjohnson@umext.maine.edu
Subject: Re: Odometer and charcoal canister
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:23:05 -0400
Steve,
  There is a little stem dangling from the odometer, unless it's come off
at some point.   If it's still there, it may be about an inch forward of
the rolled-under  bottom front edge of the dashboard panelling.   If it
is missing, you will need to remove the instrument  and work up a
replacement.
   Once the charcoal has been saturated, it's no good.  MG recommended
replacing it every so often anyway, which nobody ever did.  For the
charcoal cannister cleanup, you unscrew the bottom and dump the soggy
charcoal.  The rubber filter pad will probably be unusable, but a
replacement is easily made from a piece of scotchbrite pad. Charcoal is
found in the aquarium department at Walmart.
Bob