Re: Attn NJ Guys - Pending Legislation

Subject: Re: Attn NJ Guys - Pending Legislation
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:15:25 -0800
On Nov 6, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Saw the following on the NJ Car Show News Yahoo Group -
>
>  Assembleyman John Burzichelli district 3 (Cumberland,Salem &
> Glouster)
>  has introduced legislation that would restrict classic cars to
> only be
>  driven once a week for personal use. With all the the problems in
> this
>  state you would think he would have better things to do. All Classic
>  car owners & clubs must band together & get this nipped in the bud.
>  Here is the link to the legislation
>  http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/A4000/3540_I1.HTM

Err,Dan, you might be getting this wrong.  If I'm reading it right,
the current law does NOT allow you 1 day of pleasure driving.

"Under current law, owners of properly registered historic motor
vehicles are permitted to operate them solely for exhibition and
educational purposes.  This bill permits the use of these vehicles
also for occasional travel or pleasure driving, which is defined as
not more than one day per week."

If that is the case, John is actually improving the status of
historic vehicles.