Re: Dead pedal for B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dead pedal for B
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:30:31 -0800
???

I guess I have to explain myself. No, I'm not particularly old, and I'm
6'1".

Because I have long legs, I keep the seat pushed back far enough that my
left foot does not reach the firewall. This leaves it unsupported other than
pivoting on the heel and leaning against the inner chassis rail (where the
carpet has rubbed off, BTW). A dead pedal is the usual solution for this
inconvenience. However, the Mark I B uses a floor switch for the hi-beams. A
dead pedal, it seemed to me, would block access to this floor switch.

For this reason I have even contemplated a hinged dead pedal, but it seemed
too much bother to engineer. Blake now informs us that Datsun (that is,
Nissan) has already addressed this problem. Dashed clever of them.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149