Re: Dead pedal for B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dead pedal for B
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 10:58:17 +1030
On 17/11/2006, at 4:29 AM, Max Heim wrote:

>> I used to ponder the question of a dead pedal in my MGB, until one
>> day
>> I realized that it has always had one. I was sitting in the right
>> hand
>> seat when I found it.

> You are so right. I have sometimes wondered about that purpose of
> that step,
> when engaged in unrelated activities in the vicinity such as laying in
> carpet or replacing the heater core. Another interesting example of
> unavoidable asymmetry of layout.

Ha!  I was wondering what I was missing when reading about "adding" a
"dead pedal" - now I know... I sit on the right hand side of the car
and yes, there IS a place where I rest my foot (before I ripped up
the carpet there was a hole worn through to the metal at that point).

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia