Re: tire question

To: DON SCOTT <rowdon@sonoma-county.org>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire question
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:31:01 -0600
   I had the same thing happen on our '04 Toyota Prius a couple of
months ago.  Took it to WalMart because it's right down the road.
Without breaking the tire/wheel down, they said they couldn't fix it
because it would be unsafe.  So I took it to the dedicated tire shop
(not a chain, locally owned) where I've bought tires since I've lived
here.  After dismounting the tire and inspecting it, they repaired it
using a patch made for this purpose.  They said there are several
possible reasons why WM "couldn't" fix my tire :  A.) They're living in
the stone age and don't know any better.  B.) Store policy for whatever
reason.  C.) They'd rather sell me a new tire than stock all the needed
patches and train people in their selection and use.  They also said
this was common  with chain stores.

   That tire is still on the car.

   Cheers,

    CR