Re: Quarter Window Measurement to Prevent Crack of Doom

To: "Valda and Merl Rosenthal" <mvrose@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: Quarter Window Measurement to Prevent Crack of Doom
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:58:46 -0000
On my car I found the gap at the bottom was naturally about 1/8" (seals in
place) so it was just a matter of adjusting the bottom bracket on each
1/4-light to get the same gap all the way up.  That also makes it look
'right' when viewed from the outside.  It is the gap at the top that is most
critical, that is where the greatest scuttle shake will occur, and give the
greatest leverage on the door skin.

You might like to have a look at
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_bodyframe.htm and click on 'Doors' for the
full story of mine.