RE: Information

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Information
From: "Gordies Garage" <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 06:16:48 -0500
Merl,
It will take several minutes of intermittant cranking to build oil pressure.
It may help to introduce oil in the rearmost oil cooler entry point.
Disconnect the hose and fill it up.
You do want to build some oil pressure on a new motor before firing.

Gordie

"I have been restoring my 1980 MGB since last April.  When I cranked it over
for the 1st time I could not get any oil pressure.  When I looked at the
engine last summer, the oil pump clearances were well with in tolerance.  I
am
thinking that the pump needs priming so I put oil into the oil filter and
still could not get any pressure.  I know for fact that it is not my gauge.
Anybody have any ideas on why I have no pressure and what I need to do.

Thanks

Merl Rosenthal 1980 MGB"