Re: [MGS] MGB tie rod end removal

To: rolindsay@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [MGS] MGB tie rod end removal
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:02:29 -0400
Rick,
   Yes, that's the type I prefer. It works like a gear puller except that
it lacks the pivoting hooks/arms. The body of the device fits over and
around the tierod, and the screw forces the tie-rod end out of the hole.
Crank it up tight, then tap the steering arm with a hammer to vibrate it,
and the tie-rod end pops right out.
   Question for all --  tie-rod ends all seem to be lube-for-life these
days. We know that the life time means different things to manufacturers.
 Has anyone drilled and tapped a tie-rod end to install a grease fitting?

Bob