Re: [Mgs] more midge probs

To: <Rabeys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] more midge probs
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:46:14 +0100
Is the fluid level dropping in the master?  Make sure you haven't any leaks
for a start.  But even with no visible leaks if the pedal slowly sinks to
the floor, or goes straight to the floor, it means the master seals have had
it.  I don't think it is worth repairing the older single-circuit metal
reservoir masters, and certainly not slaves.

On an MGB the usual bleeding order is longest run first working towards the
shortest.  Longest is the left-hand rear, as the rear flex hose is closer to
the right.  Shortest would probably be front drivers side.  With both my Bs
after conventional bleeding, even with a continual flow method like a
Gunsons EeziBleed, the pedal is still long initially and pumps up with a few
quick strokes, gong long again after just a few seconds.  I have to get
someone to press hard on the pedal, while a rapidly open and shut each
caliper nipple.  That always gets an extra lump or air out, and after that
they are fine.

PaulH.