Re: [Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] crossed drilled brake rotors
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:58:31 +0200
IMHO both slotted and drilled rotors are a cheep way for optimizing the
cooling.
Both actions weaking the structure of the original.
Better is to convert to vented rotors, which will need different callipers
though.
Pure for the race track performance drilled or slotted rotors may be
effective, but special care should be applied for extra wear to the pads and
the rotors.
For normal better braking performance I would not take the risk.

For what it is worth...

Cheers,

Hans