Re: [Mgs] gold sealed engine

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>, "MG LIST"
Subject: Re: [Mgs] gold sealed engine
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:48:48 +0100
I'd be very suspicious of this, apart from the ratty tapping of orifices
(orifii?) the gold colour is very wrong compared to my engine.  This engine
has been assembled, taped and sprayed and I'm pretty sure the factory didn't
do them like that any more than they did the originals like that.  I
remember seeing new engines with the head and rocker cover gaskets
unpainted, i.e. either they were 'assembled' without gaskets and sprayed, or
the individual parts were sprayed then assembled with gaskets.

PaulH.