Re: [Mgs] MGC rear axle

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGC rear axle
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 10:46:21 -0800
The C engine in stock form doesn't put out an incredible amount of
torque because there is quite a bit of drag from the main bearings. I'd
be careful how high a gear you go with. The cars had pretty good gearing
out of the box for a good balance of acceleration and long distance
cruising.

The typical upgrade is to leave the gearing alone but to upgrade revving
ability by improving head flow and then reducing flywheel mass. This
improves responsiveness a lot and makes the car a lot more fun to drive.

I add the following disclaimer. I am not a hands on expert with MGC
modifications. I've been doing a lot of research and have listened to a
lot of owners who seem to know their stuff.

Kelvin Dodd