Re: [Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:42:28 -0800 (PST)
Max, I have heard that the 62-67 brake light switch crosses with the Volvo 122
switch and Volvo is still making an OEM one that is reportedly bombproof.

  Carl

Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Last night I noticed my brake lights were inoperative. I'm sure it's the
goofy pressure switch again. The things only seem to last a year or so.
Maybe Moss could come up with a kit to install a brake-pedal-actuated
contact switch instead.

It's not the expense (since it's cheap), or the hassle (since it's totally
simple), it's the risk of letting air into the brake system every time.
Bleeding brakes on the B is quite tedious.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

Mgs@autox.team.net