Re: [Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again

To: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Brake lights kaput ....again
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 10:16:12 -0800 (PST)
Did you end up going with Moss, NAPA or Volvo dealer?
  Carl

Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Well, I took the path of least resistance and just bought the replacement
switch. I tucked in some paper towels around it, and leaned a 24" length of
4x6 on the pedal to provide slight positive pressure. Hardly lost any fluid,
doesn't seem to have introduced any air.

Addressing some of the other comments, I have not installed halogen bulbs,
and I have always used Castrol LMA brake fluid, exclusively. So I am pretty
much convinced the switches just have poor life expectancy.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

You are subscribed as leylandauto@yahoo.com