Re: [Mgs] OD Query

To: frankk@intap.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OD Query
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:25:50 EST
In a message dated 1/30/2008 2:23:31 PM Mountain Standard Time,
frankk@intap.net writes:

I have a  od
tranny in a 1971 parts MGB and always assumed that it would not work in  my 3
main 1964 B. Yesterday a friend who is a mechanic of sorts told me  there is
no
problem installing an od tranny from a 71 into a 63 or 64 3  main B.  I always
thought the early 3 main Bs required a different od  tranny and that's why
they
are so rare and expensive when you locate one.  What's the real story?
Frank Krajewski

Your friend is wrong, it will never work...just sell it to me  cheap....just
kidding, I have no idea, but I certainly want to find one I can  afford.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.