Re: [Mgs] OD Query

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <frankk@intap.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OD Query
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 15:56:04 -0800
         Bill:

        I noticed that you stayed with the early style rear end in the
Jamaican when reading the article in "MGA". Good read by the way.

        I just dropped the rear end out of my MGA frame Monday night and
had forgotten how light they were. Now if I can just persuade the one
stuck front spring bush mounting bolt to unseize itself I'd be a happy
camper.

        The wire wheel axles hold up pretty well, so you should be fine.
I'd not want to try running a V6 through the steel wheel axles though as
they tend to snap right at the flange even with the 4 popper. On my race
car (65 MGB) I converted the wire wheel axles to accept bolt on alloys
to get the best of both worlds.

        I'm planning on installing a Salisbury in my Miata powered MGA
to get the 3.90 ratio and stronger axles.

        Kelvin.