Re: [Mgs] engine year

To: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, 1971-red-mgb <1971mgb@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: [Mgs] engine year
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:35:56 -0800 (PST)
That will give you the date that the casting form was
made - or at the latest, the date the block was cast.

I went through this same thing with the engine in my
'70 MGB.  I have decided that it is a 1965.  the
evidence is weak but its there.  First of all, what
color is the engine?  Repainted, you think?  Burgundy
or black?  Look at the valve cover.  What's on it?
The stickers, plates, etc., changes through the years.
 Shoot a picture or two and we may be able to help you
dig your way through this. :-)

Here's a look at my engine (before I started the
restoration), http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0493.JPG .
The solenoid is NOT on the starter  and the valve
cover has the riveted on "MG" label AND the riveted on
patent label.

rick