Re: [Mgs] engine year

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] engine year
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 15:34:05 -0800
Another clue to look for is what mounting bosses are drilled out. In
particular, the generator and alternator brackets bolt to different
locations on the block. I believe the alternator bracket holes would not be
tapped on a generator-era engine.

Then the side plates have different crankcase breathing arrangements, the
head may have a water choke takeoff, etc.

The Clausager book (Original MGB) would have more details of this nature.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149