Re: [Mgs] 90w in Transmission?

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 90w in Transmission?
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:02:01 +0200
Although not an MG, my previous Audi A6 automatic transmission aparantly
needed fresh transmission fluid.
Weird behaviour of the lock-up mechanism became worse after some 200,000
miles.
Although Audi does not recommend fluid replacement, my garage did so,
cleaned the gearbox by flushing with cleaning fluid and replaced the filter.
Afterwards, the problem hardly did not occur anymore.

So some replacement would not be a bad thing and the cost is minimal
compared with a well pampered geartrain.

Cheers,

Hans

71 BGT - 18GK alive again! Total overhaul.