[Mgs] V8 MGB and wire wheels?

To: mgs@autox.team.net (MG LIST)
Subject: [Mgs] V8 MGB and wire wheels?
From: cyberemp@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 23:30:04 +0000
Greetings my wise, illustrious and esteemed fellow Mg owners!!
I'm considering the transplant of a V8 in one of my Mgs someday in a brighter,
more financially stable future.
I've noted that some of you have MGB V8s with wire wheels. The Book on the
subject, "how to give your MG V8 power" seems to skirt the issue, with a brief
note about shredding splines off the w.w. hub.
    I'm curious to know the real world fixes for any possible consequence of
"enthusiastic" driving with all that torque.
   Can there be studs to lock the wheel and hub together to prevent the hub
from
spinning faster than the wheel, as the twin cam wheels have? (though I think
theirs is for braking purposes. And yea, I know the twin cam has steel wheels
with knock offs)
   Who can shed light on this mystery?
T.I.A. for any help and enlightenment you may offer.
  Eric

59 MGA
65 MGB
70 MGB
71 MGB
74 F-250 needing motor.
74.5 MGB
00 Nissan X-Terra Soon to be sold to finance F-250 motor repair.
So many cars, so little parking