Re: [Mgs] Temp sender

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Temp sender
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:59:15 -0800
Well, I just went out to take a look at it again, and there is no sign of a
water choke block-off (and no air injector holes for that matter), so we are
looking at an early style head. It figures that the PO (of this engine)
ordered a pre-smog-spec motor -- it only makes sense (it just didn't pass
muster with the DMV).

If this means anything to anybody, the markings on top surface of the head
are (from rear):

PAT NO
585384
(cast)

16N9 (maybe "H")
5 (very large)
(cast)

12H4736
(stamped; the 6 is very out of alignment)

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149