Re: [Mgs] Trans-ship me a gasket!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trans-ship me a gasket!
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:23:30 +1030
Bert P wrote:
> Eric,
>
> I share your amazement.
>
> Only a few days ago, I had a U.S. based company (near Columbus, Ohio)
> ship some used parts
> (not car parts, something for the company I work for) to me here in
> Holland.
> The total mass was about 4 lbs. The shipment was totally time-uncritical.
> The cheapest option they came up with was using FedEx at a cost of about
> US $ 400.

Thanks all - and for the offers "off list".

By the way,  I made my comments about getting a slow/cheap rate of
shipping to the guy at Cometic (as nice and friendly as he was) - maybe
he just had trouble with my accent but all I got was... silence.  It
seems he had quoted me the price including shipping and that was it.

Maybe these businesses just consider small job lots like this for
international buyers to be an inconvenience?

Eric
Adelaide, South Australia