Re: [Mgs] Trans-ship me a gasket!

To: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trans-ship me a gasket!
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:26:18 -0800
On Jan 18, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Richard Ewald wrote:

> I have no idea what dealing with the post office is like in your
> country,
> but here in the US to ship something by post office will take at
> least one
> hour of an employee's time.

Only if you actually go to the Post office.  They will come to you.
<http://www.usps.com/pickup/welcome.htm?from=business&page=schedulepickup

> At least when ever I go to ship something it
> always seem to take at least 1 hour.

So stop going to the post office.  They will come to you.

> So not only will the company have to pay his wages, benefits etc,
> they will
> have to get someone else to fill in his shoes while he is at the post
> office.

So stop going to the post office.  They will come to you.

> Compare that to the convenience that FedEx offers, and from the
> company
> point of view it is a no brainer.  The post office loses.

Clearly, this is not always true.  Monoprice.com and Amazon.com use
USPS quite happily.  I as a customer appreciate it too, USPS is much
better at getting a package to my door on time.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]