Re: [Mgs] Trans-ship me a gasket!

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trans-ship me a gasket!
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 11:01:25 -0800
I have no idea what dealing with the post office is like in your country,
but here in the US to ship something by post office will take at least one
hour of an employee's time.  At least when ever I go to ship something it
always seem to take at least 1 hour.
That time is not free.  during that one hour the employee will not be taking
orders, packing shipments or whatever his regular job is.
So not only will the company have to pay his wages, benefits etc, they will
have to get someone else to fill in his shoes while he is at the post
office.
Compare that to the convenience that FedEx offers, and from the company
point of view it is a no brainer.  The post office loses.