Re: [Mgs] Time to brag a little...

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Time to brag a little...
From: The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 12:09:37 -0500
Rick Lindsay wrote:
> In fact, YES!  His first car was a '79 MGB LE that had been under 12 feet of
> water.  We rebuilt everything.  And when he got his first internship at the
> Langmier Atmospheric Physics Lab, the first thing that they asked him was if
> he had ever worked on cars!  Seems that most kids today have never touched a
> wrench/spanner.  He got the job.
>
> rick
Same thing they asked me when I went to work for IBM in 1966. All the whiz kids
were trained on computers, but they hired about ten new guys to fix the card
machines that provided all the input in those days. Those things had really
exotic components like geneva drives and such. I was hired because I was
building my own racing cars (MGs and Minis) and finishing races.

-The Roxter