Re: [Mgs] Replacing Brake pads on an MGA

To: guinness@stclegal.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Replacing Brake pads on an MGA
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:53:51 EDT
You need to lever the pistons back into the calipers.  There exist  special
clamps to do this but I have never seen a set. The easiest way to
accomplish your goal is to use something to lever against the piston (evenly
and  so
as not to cause damage).  I have used various levers including a
suspension 'pickle fork' ball joint separator. Whatever works, but only one
side  at
a time - leave the other pad in so the other one can't come out.

Bill

In a message dated 8/27/2009 8:36:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,