Re: [Mgs] MGB engine stand hookup

To: james.f.juhas@snet.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB engine stand hookup
From: Steve <temporarilyoffline@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:13:37 +0800
If your question isn't 100% answered yet, its because you'll need to
assist with adapting your engine to your stand.

Here is what I did:

Removed the transmission, saved the bolts.

Removed the Backing Plate, saved the bolts.

Arranged my engine stand's mounting plate and noted which bolt holes it used.

I took those bolts to the local hardware store and got the right
length bolts in the strongest grade I could find, and got some fender
washers also.

I mounted the mount to the engine and then put the stand on it and
levered it up into place with some help from a friend and the stand.

Take your transmission bolt or back plate bolt to the hardware store,
find a not that fits it, then use that nut to thread onto your new
bolts as a test to make sure the threads are right.

- Steve

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:40 AM,  <james.f.juhas@snet.net> wrote:
> I currently have two B engines on stands, one bolted through the back plate
and the other in to the back plate bolt holes.  (No back plate on that one). I
use the largest bolts that will fit.  It seems light-duty but it's really
quite sturdy.  The same stands and bolts have also held my Mustang 5.0
engine.