[Mgs] oil filter

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] oil filter
From: Bernie Grabow <grabow.bernie@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:27:48 -0500
Hey guys -
I have a 73 mgbgt with the later type inverted renewable oil filter.
I have two questions.  After removing the oil filter I see a small
metal tube about 4 inches long that is press fitted into the threaded
hole that the oil filter element screws down onto with the metal tube
fitting up into the oil filter.  What is the purpose of this tube (it
easily pulls out of the hole) Is this standard or did the PO stick
that tube in there for some reason?  My second question is what is the
best oil filter to use and the part number?
Bernie