Re: [Mgs] Bad parts / Brake Master Cylinder

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Bad parts / Brake Master Cylinder
From: Richard Gosling <rbgosling@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 22:01:46 +0000
I guess the problem with being willing to pay for quantity is:  How do I
know that this part, from this supplier, that is 10% more expensive, is any
better quality than the alternative?  How do I know it's not sourced from
exactly the same place, but with a higher mark-up?  Particularly when things
are bought at a distance over the internet.

If I KNEW it was better quality, I'd pay more for it.  The cynic in me
always wins out and tells me it's the same part, priced higher.  So I go for
the cheaper supplier.

Richard & Sammy ('73 Black Tulip BGT)