Re: [Mgs] Bad parts / Brake Master Cylinder

To: <rbgosling@googlemail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Bad parts / Brake Master Cylinder
From: Mike Eldred <redscirocco@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 17:30:49 -0500
When buying parts for my older vehicles - particularly for the TF and my '51
Willys, I'll often opt for reconditioned parts.  Cheaper, and (usually) better
quality than reproduction parts.  You get original quality cores that are
often reconditioned by shops here in the U.S.A. using quality parts, for less
cost than inferior repros from India or, in the case of the Jeep, the
Philippines.

Of course, not all repro parts are the same, either.  Some are U.S. made, some
are quality imports.

But the point is, sometimes cheaper is better.

Just thought I'd add to the confusion.

-Mike

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/