[Mgs] MGA overheating

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] MGA overheating
From: <thgun@comporium.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:11:02 -0400 (EDT)
I took the car out for another test drive. Drove about 4 miles and the temp
went up on the dash gauge to over 230 deg. f. I had a IF thermometer and the
temp at the sensor on the side of the engine read 210 deg. f. The dash gauge
seemed to be 30 or more deg. higher than the dash gauge.
  When I got home I let the car idle a while. I noticed that when I revved the
engine I could hear a knocking. I plan to take the valve cover off and check
valve rockers. The oil was about 20 pounds at 3000 rpm, road speed.
Tom
1957,1500 MGA rst

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html