Re: [Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot. Checking for an

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot. Checking for an
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:28:34 +0100
Indeed, but you won't know if the right amount of current is flowing.  OK to
detect a full break in the circuit, but not a high-resistance connection.
It will almost certainly stop the OD engaging anyway, so you won't know
whether it is 'normal' or a fault condition, unless you happen to notice it
change brightness.  But it will be doing *that* anyway, as the alternator
output varies.

PaulH.