Re: [Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot. Checking for an

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Overdrive does not work when it is hot. Checking for an
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 04:04:44 -0700
If you don't have an ammeter don't sweat it. If the resistance has gone up due
to whatever both the amperage and voltage will go down as a result. You can do
a test called a voltage drop test to determine if a fault exists and where
exactly the fault lies. Much easier than using an ammeter.
I wrote a long reply for the Healey list about this which has been posted at
www.healey6.com in the technical section.
Rick

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 7, 2010, at 1:38, "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> This is precisely why I mentioned an ammeter and eliminating the electrical
in the first place, it is just so easy.

> PaulH.

Mgs@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html