Re: [Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay

To: Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] TF replica FS on ebay
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:11:59 EST
Rocky, the streamliners (both EX 135 and EX181) were alloy bodied and used
many non-MG parts.

EX181 for instance (the MGA one), used a Riley gearbox, a diff out of
something else, and various other bits strictly out of the parts bin.

I'm not saying someone somewhere didn't use those cars to rationalize
calling a special something else, just that the rationalization wasn't a very
good one.  No way is the Victor an MG, although it could certainly be  called
a replica MG.

The replica Cobra guys will argue all day long about whether the parts
content warrants calling their cars replicas.

They sure aren't real Cobras any more than a Victor is a real MG. If it
didn't come out of the MG factory it isn't an MG, QED.  I'm sure that  doesn't
make it any less fun.

Bill

In a message dated 2/10/2011 2:51:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,